Monday, November 30, 2009

Strength and knowledge

Sometimes you learn the most when you have to do something really hard. If your life depends on hanging on by your fingers on the side of a cliff, you will learn how strong your fingers are! If you are in labor, flying down the highway at 100 mph, and the baby won't wait, guess what-you just learned how to deliver a baby!
I learned how strong the emotion of protection is for a mother as I watched my daughter battle UC. I learned how to adovcate for my child's education with Ben's struggles. I learned how to love my husband more through marriage class.
I am learning that I have to protect myself from those who seek to control and burden my life with thier own insecurities. I have learned the commandment to honor thy father and mother doesn't mean you have to listen to everything they say, it means you live a good life. Everyday I understand more and more my individual worth, and how much value my Heavenly Father has for me. I am so thankful to have experiences that make me stronger and give me the abilities to value myself. Everyday is sometimes a battle, but if you come away learning something you are winning the war.

2 comments:

  1. And your struggles have produced a ray of sunshine for those of us who love you! That's how I think of you, my Friend--as a ray of sunshine. Thank you for the love you spread everywhere you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive attitude! and enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete