Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sisters



Ella and Meghan got to go roller skating yesterday for an Activity Days activity. (I need to let you know we really don't roller skate, not even close, graceful does not apply to me!) My sweet daughter, Ella, is graceful. She is one of those people who can do anything once and have it mastered. She was at a friend's house a few weeks ago and taught herself to roller skate. So needless to say she was excited for the oppportunity to try her skates out at a real rink, Meghan on the other hand is a little slower to get skating.
I came to pick them up a few minutes early, and was touched my the bond they hold. Meghan was wobbly still, and Ella was patiently holding her hand helping her around the rink. I know given the chance Ella could have been flying around, but there she was with her sister. I cannot say how happy I was to see that. It made me think about my sister and how much I love her. It also made me realize that even though we have our moments at home, they have a strong bond and maybe we are doing something right.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel.

    One of the best compliments I ever recieved as a mom was when a man in our ward told me that my children act as if they like each other. It made me sooo happy (of course, he never saw them at home! :)

    ReplyDelete