I'm not expecting to really find out my answer here, it is just something that is weighing on my mind and well, this is where I work out my thoughts sometimes. How do you know when it is time to move on? How do you know when the things that have defined you and brought you the most joy won't or shouldn't happen again? How do you move from one stage of life to the next? How do you know for sure you are making the right decision?
All my life all I ever wanted to be was a mom. I never wanted to get my college degree, to travel the world, to have my own place all by myself. I never even wanted to live alone. (I actually have only had my own room for 1 year of my life and I hate sleeping alone in a room!) So, I guess I am having trouble with ending my time of pregnancy and newborns for a new life of teenagers and whatever else I will do. I know all babies grow up and I can't keeping having kids forever, but they are so perfect, sweet and makes me feel so close to heaven. For me feeling like Heavenly Father trusts me enough to send me one of His choice spirits to raise is such a honor.
Fast, pray, attend the temple, get a blessing, etc., etc., will help comfort and guide me, but even with all that how do you end the greatest era of your life? I have loved feeling all my babies grow and move inside me, to meet them for the first time, and to teach them as they grow. I just don't know how to close the best chapter of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How do you know it's the best when you haven't fully experienced the others? I hear it just keeps getting better and better. ;)
ReplyDeleteBut I know what you mean. I feel the same way, not about the ending that stage of my life thing, but about the not caring about my schooling, loving the newborns...etc. I wish I could be of more help!
I am sure I will enjoy other chapters of my life, but I think this one is the most enjoyable and memorable. There really is nothing better in life than a sweet newborn with their fuzzy head and sweet baby smell or a 3 year old telling you what the world is like according to them. There's just something different about a teenager with an attitude and a messy bedroom!
ReplyDeleteI have the opposite problem.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's definately one that no one can answer for you.
ReplyDeleteBut, just for the record, I think the teenage years were even better than the baby years (and that's saying something!)
(I have NEVER had a room to myself and I hope I never do!)
remember the grandkids!!!
ReplyDeletehere's the link to that cool house :)
http://themeadowbrookblog.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20junk%20house