Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some unsolicited advice...

I've read a few blog posts and articles online about what advice you would give to your 16 year old self.  I've got a few suggestions what I would have liked to teach myself 19 years ago, but that was an extremely painful part of my life I would like to avoid re-visiting unless absolutely necessary.  The only things I would publicly say to that girl I once was are:You are not fat, you are beautiful, and you have so much more value than you see.  Stop under-estimating yourself, one day a honorable man will be yours for eternity and six little hearts will love you unconditionally as their momma.

Now for some advice to the 16 year old girls now.  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, stop taking pictures of yourself (and your friends) making the stupidest Snookie face and posting them to facebook.  You are beautiful and a beautiful smile is so much nicer to look at than you trying to look like a dumb, wanna-be reality star.  You are smart, you have your whole life in front of you and the last thing you want to see when you are 35 is every picture you took of yourself while young and free from stretch marks and wrinkles is your pretty face looking stupid on purpose.  Smile, wink, stick your tongue out, pout, but stop with the Snookie.  She doesn't even look cool doing it.

Sorry about all the use of the word stupid in this post today.  It has been a hard week.  I'll blog about it one day. 

1 comment: