Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sorry, you're overqualified...

Due to the cost of our health insurance premuims, I've been thinking about getting a part-time job. I was considering what I could put onto my resume and these are the positions I think I could list for my previous job experience.

I am a teacher, I teach anything from potty training to math. I am a nurse, and a doctor. I am the principal, the referee, the judge and the jury. I am the Chief Financial Officer as well as the Chief Operating Officer. I am the recreation director, the custodian, and the laundry lady. I am the seamstress, the interior decorator, and the IT person. I am the hairdresser, the cook, and the driver. I can command search and rescue operations, I have even delivered my own baby!

So, as I have thought about leaving my career as a stay at home mom behind, I realize how many ways I have grown. I also realize how much I have enjoyed it. I am so thankful for my husband and children, and thankful I have been blessed to grow and learn along the way.

3 comments:

  1. That's what it's all about--enjoying the journey and growing! You go girl! Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I can command search and rescue operations," TOTALLY cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete