Wednesday, April 7, 2010
I am raising a rebel!
My son, Ben, is quite the character. He loves music and musical instruments. Listening to music and dancing are some of his favorite things to do. Always has been since he was a baby. Last night while I was tucking him in bed, he told me a story about what happened in his music class. Evidently all year long, every music class Ben admires this huge xylophone in the room. Yesterday the pressure was too much and he caved. He went over and played it. This prompted a reprimand from the teacher. The pure joy Ben must have felt from finally hearing what this instrument sounded like kept him smiling throughout the teacher's reprimand, to which the teacher then told him "You better wipe that smile off your face". Ben said he told the teacher "I can't stop smiling, it's my favorite thing to do"! I do teach my children to be respectful of their teachers and others, but I seriously could not control my laughter at this response. Ben is not one to be a rule breaker, he is a pretty good boy most of the time. His response to the music teacher was not of disrespect, but of pure honesty. Maybe I shouldn't feel this way, but this is still making me smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd be smiling if it were my son!
ReplyDelete