I love to read, I love to read lots of different kinds of books, and I read super fast. My favorite time to read is while I am cooking dinner or other things I can do with my mind elsewhere.
I have read some really good books lately and so I am going to make some recommendations and hopefully you will give me some feedback on good books you have read.
I just finished reading Book 5 of the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. It was such a fantastic series, each book was better and better! Fablehaven would be a great family read for kids 9 and up. I also love the Catching Fire series by Suzanne Collins, it's incredibly exciting! My favorite book of all time is Enchantment by Orson Scott Card, I love the way he writes and I am a nerd who loves science fiction. I also read The Lonesome Gods by Louis L'Amour. I honestly never thought I would like a western, but it was a really good book. I loved the Work and the Glory series and Undaunted by Gerald Lund. I read them last year while we studied Doctrine & Covenants in sunday school and it really helped the scriptures come to life for me. My last favorite series of books is The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. That series is what made me realize how much I actually love to read again. I stopped reading for pleasure in high school, and have missed so many good reads! So, please let me know you favorites-I want to read them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jen! I am a readaholic. I also read really fast and spend lots of time at the library. The librarians laugh when we walk in the door and always have something new for me to read. I am in love with JD Robb and Nora Roberts. I also liked the Harry Potter and Twilight series. Umm...what else have I read. Oh, i really like Lee Childs. The Jack Reacher series is interesting! You may like those. I'm into crime and drama fiction right now so that's really all I can recommend! Have fun reading!!
ReplyDeleteOh, we like the same things!!!
ReplyDeleteI refuse to stop reading to my children until they fly the coop. Introducing my children to some of my favorite books and living the adventures on the page with them is truly one of lifes greatest joys!
I've read the Chronicles of Narnia to my children more times than I can count. I'm currently reading The Last Battle to my 6 year old (our second time through for her, she begged my to start again, so we did). Then we're heading to Harry Potter.
I'm about to start the Princess Bride with my 11 and 14 year olds (when I read it to their older siblings, they literally BEGGED me to keep reading after every chapter--sooooo fun!)
Some of my favs?
The Great Brain Series by John D Fitzgerald
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (I use this to introduce my young children (6-8 years old) to the Holocaust).
Anything by Roald Dahl
Words by Heart by Ouida Sebestyen
The Chosen by Chaim Potok (for early teens)
Oh, I shouldn't have started a list. Now I want to go on and on, but those few off the top of my head will have to suffice