Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Don't Cry Baby

After my last post, I felt like I did a little too much whining. I was reminded tonight by a very good friend that "my plate is full". That is completely true, I am overwhelmed by the magnitute of what I have to face in the near future. I am also overwhelmed by the blessings in my life too.
I am so thankful to have a hard working husband who makes me laugh everyday, and tries his best to make me happy. I am so thankful for my children. I can't imagine how my life would be without the laughter, and love they provide me with. I love our tiny little home. It is not just a house to me, it is a home. It is not perfect on the inside or the out, and we live in a constant state of construction here. Oh well, I am too.
Everyday the Lord is changing me. He directs my life, He places trials and blessings in my life. He holds me in His refiner's fire to brighten and polish my spirit. He lifts me up when I am weak, and carries me along when I am too weak to go by myself. He provides the answers and directions I need in my daily life. My life is best organized when I realize this and follow His path.
I wonder if the reason we are going through serious medical problems again is because I didn't learn what I needed to from the first time. I didn't journal and keep track of all the miracles that I was blessed to witness. The countless meals provided to my family when I couldn't be there to cook dinner or was so overwhelmed I needed help. The countless prayers offered on my family's behalf that held us up when we could never be that strong on our own. The hands on earth providing us with that which He knew we needed. I will keep track this time, I will record the way He is guiding, directing and shaping us.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jen. Thanks for sharing. And sorry that sometimes kids are bullies. You're right in the previous post, church is the last place that should happen. And yet, sometimes it does.

    It's like Pres. Hinckley once said (paraphrasing): does that mean that God has failed us? Failed mankind? No. It just means that we've failed Him. But we'll make it up, thank goodness for that.

    Love you guys.
    \Ben

    ReplyDelete