Tuesday, January 31, 2012

From my soapbox:

Here is the disclaimer for this post-I might offend you, that's not my intention please realize that.

I have spent much of the last few months enjoying hockey season. And that means not watching the crappy stories that are called "news" now on the 24-7 news cycle. I'm not at all uninformed, but just feel like there isn't a place I can go for unbaised news reports.
Today I have seen quite a few news stories with a link to read on facebook about Mormons and what Mormons supposedly believe. I even watched a thirty minute interview all about the "Mormon Faith". It was basically an interview with a man who was raised a Mormon until he was about 18. He was the authority on the Latter-day Saint faith for this video. And he was wrong on more points than he was right. Surprise, surprise.
All of which have led me to stand up on my soapbox, here and now.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am a Mormon. If you want to know something about my faith, please ask me. I'm happy to tell you what I believe, why I believe it and that's all. I won't try to convert you, but I'll try to inform you. I have a strong, unbreakable testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior. My religion is not a cult, and I am not raising my children to "hate Christians", and I believe in Christ. I can tell you I have never been taught once at my church about any other religion, our Sunday School curriculm isn't based on hate. It is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Plain and simple. Personally I think if you are going to church and learning about other religions and what is wrong with them, you are attending a church that is spreading contention. Contention is of the Devil and he would like nothing more than for all of us to spend our lives fighting with each other.
Mitt Romney is a Mormon. I think that is a lot of the reason my faith is such a topic of conversation lately. Please consider the source when you hear and believe something about my religion.
My name is Jenni, I have six kids, one husband, and two dogs. I am a Mormon. A Mormon who is now stepping down from my soapbox.
If you would like to know more about my faith, please visit www.mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment