I would have loved to post a picture of the lastest fiasco at my house, but somehow that was the last thing on my mind! Yesterday Ben came home from school with the name of some hole-in-the-wall bar and grill a high school boy helping in his class works at. The high school boy evidently works washing dishes there, and Ben was hoping he could start working there as well. We had to explain to him he is too young right now to get a job, but he could practice washing dishes at home until he is 15. Then when he turns 15 he could walk right in and get a job as a dishwasher because he would be pro by then. (WOW-talk about thinking we were onto something, he was happy about doing the dishes! Right about this part of the conversation Ken and I are thinking we are parental geniuses!)
SO, Ben immediately started washing the dishes (doing a really good job too) when Will decides he wants to help. How cute, my two boys washing the dishes together, no one is fighting. They finish loading the dishwasher and Ben asks if he can turn it on, so I say yes and I am a happy mom.
Dishes are done, I didn't have to do it myself and my boys are happy. Life is good. Yes, I am a parental genius. I do have this job mastered. I have done something right. Oh yeah, life is good.
Then, panic insues! Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles are pouring out of every possible exit from the dishwasher! It turns out if you are 3, you think it is a great idea to put liquid dishwashing soap in the dishwasher along with the detergent.
Long clean up story short, Ken and I once again are humbled, the excitement we felt as we thought we had gotten out of doing the dishes for the next seven years is gone. In it's place is a story that we will laugh about for a long time, and we have a REALLY clean kitchen floor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the story! Oh boy that would totally happen to me.
ReplyDelete