Will likes to captain his boats in his version of a Speedo (a Huggies diaper)


I just love doing laundry. I love doing the same loads twice. It just makes me smile to re-fold laundry after my children demolish the stacks of folded clothes. The very ones they are fully capable of putting away. BUT what I love the most is the treat I got today!
I stayed up very late to wait for the dryer and get Meghan's beloved dark wash Bongo jeans from the washer to dryer. I was too tired to fold the load of towels, socks, and undergarments. So I left the basket in the living room to fold today. My husband then added another load that had gone through the dryer to my collection of 'need to fold' clean clothes.
Evidently the pressure was too great for Emma and Will. They could not stand to see those poor clothes just sitting there waiting to be folded. So what to do? It's pretty simple, you just throw the clean clothes out onto the wool rug (which sheds on everything) and you make sailboats out of the baskets. You go fishing, you throw each other overboard, you might even take the dog (we are dogsitting) for a ride in your boat! You can also turn them over and put your sibling in jail! The only thing you do not do is worry about your mom and the laundry she will have to redo.
I know I sound mad, and don't get me wrong I am not happy, but I know these days will end too soon and I will just have clean laundry to fold and boring laundry baskets that just sit there without any adventures.

You are so sweet! I remember the days of sailboats and snow sleds (down the stairs, of course). What a patient and loving mommy you are. ;)
ReplyDelete